Hospital patients have unique needs, both clinical and non-clinical. Some may be struggling to find a way to mail a bill that is due, while others may desire a meal from their favorite restaurant. Your staff doesn’t have the time to meet each of these unique needs. But, if these needs could be met, patients would be less stressed, happier and more likely to share their positive experience with others.
A concierge service is one way to meet the unique needs of patients and their guests. Whether the service is available to all patients, or just for a specific unit, a concierge program can enhance a patient’s overall experience during their hospital stay. Between 2008 and 2013, Best Upon Request’s hospital clients saw an average score increase of 16% for those who rated their hospital a 9 or 10 (on a scale from 0 to 10) on HCAHPS.
Here are a few examples of what we’re doing to enhance the patient and family experience:
- Welcoming patients when newly admitted
- Rounding on patients in obstetrics, orthopedics, cardiology and other departments
- Acting as the first impression of the hospital at the front desk
- Way finding: assisting those who need direction or escorting those who are lost
- Click here to read about how we make an impact one patient at a time
The hospitals that provide a concierge program to both employees and patients experience the best results. Our service gives employees the freedom to focus on delivering quality care.
To learn more, please visit our results section.